Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question about multiplayer.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:48 pm 
Tough Nut

1) Ok, im playing someone online, if he/she/it :lol: doesnt reply in (a length of time) do i get a win?

2) Are there ranking for the best players? :P

Post subject: Re: Question about multiplayer.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:24 am 
Developer

Blizzard wrote:
1) Ok, im playing someone online, if he/she/it :lol: doesnt reply in (a length of time) do i get a win?

2) Are there ranking for the best players? :P

Answer 1: Right at the moment there is no any penalties for not responding in multiplayer battle. However, when the community grows and if it becomes a real problem the developers will think of some solution. However, you know, we all are people and there may be different reasons for the delays: like work, family, vacations, etc.

Answer 2: The rankings system is currently built into the Challening component. You can see the rank of a player you are going to challenge. And you can find your name in the list and see your own rank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:22 am 
Tough Nut

you see, im playing a game with mr easy and am losing SOOOOO BAD!!! so, if i just dont reply, he wont get a win :lol: im soo cheeky

what about if i discrad the game, the same or it that theyre win?

dont worry fella i play to the end or surrender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:52 am 
Developer

Well, but you won't get loosers points too. (Even if you loose you get "Experience" points). These points represent not the skill of an opponent, but how many opportunities to learn smth did he had. And it will be even more pleasant to defeat someone with high score because all those "lessons" didn't help him.

Tournaments are planned as a real ranking system :)
(Hint: ask Vic)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:26 am 
Developer

In other words, what Sky Keeper meant was this (and that's really true):

Even if you lose a game (i.e. the game is finished either by your surrender or opponent's 300% Balance), you anyway get some SCORE POINTS eventually resulting in the growth of your Rank!

And one more thing: the gamesmanship: you know, we are building a community and we all want it to be fair and based upon good will principles. I guess, you wouldn't appreciate "non-responding" behaviour towards you either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:36 pm 
Tough Nut

Totally agree vic, thats why i braught it up.

:) thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:52 pm 
Conscript

But with the best will in the world, there will always be players that cannot STAND to lose. Wouldn't it be sensible to have a 7 day limit and the player who doesn't respond loses???

Ren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:28 am 
Developer

Renegade3mc wrote:
But with the best will in the world, there will always be players that cannot STAND to lose. Wouldn't it be sensible to have a 7 day limit and the player who doesn't respond loses???

Ren

We have been thingking about this, of course. However, we shoul be very careful about automatic finishing of the games. We think that we'll wait for the online playing community to grow and if this becomes a real problem, we'll put up some solution for this situation.

Post subject: by the way
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:07 am 
P.L. Marshal

LOL i barely understand what you speaking about here for one game seven days what does it mean
i played several games in hot-seat
antarcticus takes like 1 hour to finish
medium maps 2-3 hours
large maybe 4-5 hours but all that can be finished during one day
how comes that you can not finish battle in week
and
i do not like that rule - 300% balance end game
suppose i have 300% but i opponent still has some troops i want to continue and kill them all kill kill kill kill :evil:
there shooul be option in multiplayer FINISH THEM OFF

Post subject: Re: by the way
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:05 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
LOL i barely understand what you speaking about here for one game seven days what does it mean
i played several games in hot-seat
antarcticus takes like 1 hour to finish
medium maps 2-3 hours
large maybe 4-5 hours but all that can be finished during one day
how comes that you can not finish battle in week
and

Here we are speaking about those non-gentlemen players, who may stop playing a particular game, when he sees that he is losing. Thus, formally, the game will not be over, and the player who has deserved the victory will not get it.

First of all, I should OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE that such behaviour is BAD!
It torpedoes the gamesmanship and fair-play spirit of the online community. As we have mentioned earlier, even if you lose the battle (by surrendering or due to low banalance), you will still get some score points, so that your rank may increase.

And if such behavior (non-finishing losing players) becomes a major problem, the developers will come up with some technical "enforced defeat" solution.

Mrakobes wrote:
i do not like that rule - 300% balance end game
suppose i have 300% but i opponent still has some troops i want to continue and kill them all kill kill kill kill :evil:
there shooul be option in multiplayer FINISH THEM OFF

Well, this "kill, kill, kill" spirit is very good in the battles against the A.I.
When speaking about live players, we keep in mind the values of humanity, good will, etc. (you know that stuff).

In fact, Mrakobes, what is your online Alias? I am really longing for an internet battle with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:34 pm 
Tough Nut

Quote:
In fact, Mrakobes, what is your online Alias? I am really longing for an internet battle with you.

Hehehe, Vic, cant keep your hands off peoples throats can you :wink: but honestly hes a good teacher.

EDIT: eh?

Post subject: Re: by the way
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:41 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Quote:
players, who may stop playing a particular game, when he sees that he is losing.

hey that's why hotseat play is better that online - if opponent behaving himself not properly you can just take something heavy and hit him with the blunt end hard alot :D
just joking :D

Quote:
When speaking about live players, we keep in mind the values of humanity, good will, etc. (you know that stuff).

i dont know that stuff :roll: and btw there is a surrender option for that humanity nonsense if you just want to stop play just surrender
but WHY do you prevent us from continue playing if we just want to do so for fun or
for example
i played on Wasserland with one guy he was losing naval battles but created super-defended fortress on his home island (18 income) literally stuffed island with towers artys got pair of carriers docked in port (LOL) and so on and boasted that i will never be able to take it by assault
but since i captured alot of islands i won by balance superiority the game stopped he was really upset and so was i and we could not reload save
why there is no save game in hotseat and
can you devs somehow remove this moronic 300% enforced-finish PLZ!!!