Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can you save the game in hotseat mode?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:31 am 
Levy

Heya all,

just wanted to clarify one thing I read about the game on some other forum. Someone said that the game can't be saved in hotseat mode; is that true? If yes, will the save feature be added in the future in a patch?

I'm asking because I'd like to play the game with a friend who doesn't have an internet connection. Some of the concepts sound interesting enough to give the game a whirl. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:49 am 
Conscript

:-? Well, you can't save in hot-seat mode... something that's very annoying. Since me and a buddy of mine was hoping to be able to play a little now and then. Cause a large map can take a long time to play....

Shouldn't be that hard to implement would it? :cry: For how often can you sit around 3-4 hours on a large map and play...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:12 pm 
Levy

That's odd. What, can't ya save the game at all or what's the deal? Or can ya only save in SP mode (or somesuch) and not in hotseat? Weird. Is that 3-4 hours one of the largest maps or a medium to large one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:45 am 
Conscript

Hmm... well, I for one can't see any real problems why it should be hard to implement a saving function in hot-seat mode. Since it's basically just as in single player... only you have two players ? O_o

hehe, yesterday I played antarctica or whatever the "Small" Ice Island is. And we played for 2:30 hours... We actually say until 4 AM :P since there wasn't a saving option. (Then again, he's still learning the game)

Oh and the 3-4 hours is on a large map with the computer... I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer against a human player

Post subject: anybody going to answer?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:08 am 
P.L. Marshal

i think there definitely MUST be the possibility to save game in hotseat mode...or autosave...large maps can take really lot of time to play and saving can be really nesessary