Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bug with undisclosed countries...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 pm 
Tough Nut

The shift key obeys knowledge it should not have. If a transport loaded with tanks could roll right through a neutral country and attack me, it will show the red circle if the country is truly neutral. It will not if the country is the oppenents SA, since he can't move through without disclosure.

This leads me to 2 bugs, only 1 of which should be fixed, preferably the latter.

1) Shift-Red circle should treat all 'possibly neutral' countries and true neutral.

2) SA information for the opponent should never have been sent to the both clients!!! Each client should get his SA info and the server should have both. Honestly the server should be validating that all motion/targets/etc were legal to prevent hacking - but this is a bit much to ask for.

The SA discovery information, however, is probably the easiest to hack out and would suck if someone decided to write some code to do just that.

I apologize in advance if this report is in error. If it is, I've got some other red circle issue to figure out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:42 am 
yuck, guess I'll have to watch where I place my transports.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:43 am 
Tough Nut

the above was me, and yes I suck at life and bumped the bold toggle in there somewhere too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:26 am 
Tough Nut

well I fooled around with hotseat for a little while and was able to reproduce it, though it only seems to occur in a few spots, it still seems like a pretty big deal, at least to me, I mean on a small map like antarcticus surprise disclosure can be pretty advantageous, and since fnu is usually the last to disclose, and has to disclose carefully, they seem a little more likely to get caught on this bug. maybe this only matters to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:48 am 
Veteran

It's not a huge bug, but an exploit is an exploit and should be removed as soon as possible.

Everything will be better in the next patch. :) Maybe they will implement orbital bombardment as well? Yay! :D All players named "Violence" will have access to an orbital battle ship, able to bombard anywhere on the map.