Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems with registering game...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:51 pm 
Recently i deleted my profile in multiplayer games, and i wanted to create a new one (with new nickname) and problem is that I can't do it :-? . "The Game" is telling me that my key is still in use, even after i deleted the old profile also from serwer. What can I do now ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:22 pm 
Thx for answers.... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:43 pm 
P.L. Marshal

in MA (and actually in most online games) one key can be used only one time to create an account.when the key is used the became "blocked" and can never be used again.If there was way to create multiple accounts from one key some hackers probably would find out way to register endless number of pirated versions.
so you can not make another account with one CD-key and therefore deleting your account was an extremely stupid idea.practically it is like you thrown your copy of you game away and probably if you want another account you will need to purchase another.Or you can beg the support to help you restore your former account but if you really deleted it completely it may be difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:20 pm 
Mrakobes wrote:
in MA (and actually in most online games) one key can be used only one time to create an account.when the key is used the became "blocked" and can never be used again.If there was way to create multiple accounts from one key some hackers probably would find out way to register endless number of pirated versions.
so you can not make another account with one CD-key and therefore deleting your account was an extremely stupid idea.practically it is like you thrown your copy of you game away and probably if you want another account you will need to purchase another.Or you can beg the support to help you restore your former account but if you really deleted it completely it may be difficult.

Damn! All i wanted to change my nickname, and when I saw that i can't change it I deleted the account and wanted to create a new one with new nickname. I didn't know that i can't do this that way... , BTW I can restore my old profile but i must start all over, because all was lost, Once i was Major now I'm Conscripct :-? . But I still want to change the nickname, I don't want to play with "unwanted" nickname...

P.S. Waiting for some answers how to do it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:10 am 
P.L. Marshal

you will not have to start from scratch if you restore profile properly you will be able to get your major rank back.To do this however you will need help of support so first you restore profile from you computer then fill a support request describing the situation asking to restore your rank completely.
About naming...you should think about proper name when creating accound since devs said they not going to allow changing account names at will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:12 am 
Veteran

Mrakobes wrote:
devs said they not going to allow changing account names at will.

Which is a good way to reduce and control abuse, in case anybody wonders why not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:29 am 
Developer

We can change your alias manualy (in our database), but you will have to restore your profile and also some of games may be broken.
please, write to our support. They should help you 8)

Post subject: Tranquility
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:28 pm 
Thanks to all for interesting, especially for your time...

My problem will be solved, I received an e-mail form support and "They" will change my nickname :D

Regards
Tranquility