Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TEchincal problems up to the waazoo
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:20 am 
I have to point out that this is the worst game purchase ever. And its not beceuase of the game itself but all the techinical problems with it.

First you dont get an online key with the game leaving you waiting for emial response (which to be fair was quick, but not nearly as quick as having it with teh game ).

Then there is the ever annoying Install program when you insert the CD.

And least but not worst, it refuses to play 99% with a memory violation. Just this morinng I had to run 3 times, all memory violations, tried removing cd and putting back, canel installer, 5 times i cliecked the icon nothing and 5 memory violations (and no I did wait for each to finish first ). Tried the cd again, 3 more times, then bamm on the 4th it loaded. Its pure pot luck if the game will load or not. Reboots dont help.

Then there is the anooying dual cd rom problem with the copy protection.

Looking at this forum we see even more wonderous things, dodgy sound, wierd problems where you can have your cdrom as slave (its ok though Microsoft does it so it must be ok).

All in all a very good game is successfully ruined by stupidity as I suspect most the problems are related to copy protection, even my start up probem seem to be at the time its checking the cdrom. I have no issue with people trying to make it hard for people to copy there games, I do have an issue with people making it hard for me to play a game I have purchased. The fact that I have to always find a cdrom to stick in a drive is madnening enough without the other issues adding to it.

You can be sure I will avoid all games from GMX and assocated in future.

Post subject: hmm,
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:19 pm 
Tough Nut

If i may...(edit)
i guess i may not.

life, be in it.

Last edited by xzanth on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:49 pm 
Veteran

Edit: obsolete post

Last edited by Deestan on Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:21 pm 
P.L. Marshal

i dont want to say that creator of this thread is an idiot...but he sound very much like one.
i personally havent got any problems described in this post
i believe that copy protection is useless and it might cause some problems but that's distributors company to blame not developers and anyway that does not make game unplayable
not having code - again it's not developers to blame and it's just a minor trouble btw if you so crazy that you can not wait the email answer you can as well play singleplayer while waiting for emai
and there are bunch of other bugs too but they are being fixed as time goes and ANY games has bugs and everybody can see that devs are making everything to fix them.
and btw i never seen a really fatal bug which prevents playing
i havent experienced any memory violations too...probably it's trouble with specific computer not the game
And anyway even all this are NOT reason to call this specific game " the worst game purchase ever"
So after a total and through analysis backed by data and fact i came to conclusion that
ChaosKCW is an accomplished moron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:52 am 
Tough Nut

ChaosKCW,

I must agree with Mrakobes, It's not the game, but more than likely your PC thats to blame.

The ONLY problem I have had is the occassional broken game, and that I'm sure is just due to the network delivery of the game files from PC to Storage Server to PC again, and not the fault of the game itself.

AS far as your Memory problems and cdrom issues, have you sent the bug report of your problem to the support team? Have you asked for other forum members to offer suggestions to help overcome the problems that you have? If you like, post the specs of your PC here and someone will take a look see. It may be that you simply have some of your settings screwy or that you have other programs that are clogging your systems resources.

Instead of ranting about the game being horrible (It's one of the BEST I have played, and there's a huge list of players on here that I'm sure feel the same way) how about working towards finding a solution to your problems so that you can experience the game as it was meant to be.

If you would rather keep things private, shoot me an email (its on my profile) and If I can't help solve the problems, I'll direct you to a person that can.

Remember, the forum is here to help and to bounce ideas off, but its not here just so that frustrated individuals can lash out at the devs and slam the game in general due to isolated or unfounded accusations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:38 pm 
Veteran

I share many of his gripes.

Mrakobes, you think everybody who has problems with something and actually says something about it is an idiot. Take me for example. (This might hurt me more.) Question Mrakobes, am I an idiot or am I just different? If whatever choice, even one outside of the ones provided, please explain why you have chosen it.

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!