Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Turn Reply Time Out
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:43 am 
Veteran

How long must a game turn lie unanswered before the opponent gets a default win?

I know I've read this on the forum somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Turn Reply Time Out
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:29 am 
Supreme Marshal

Deestan wrote:
How long must a game turn lie unanswered before the opponent gets a default win?

I know I've read this on the forum somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. :oops:

Time limit is established in the challenge. Ordinary, it's 14 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:51 am 
Veteran

That's what I thought too, but I have two timed-out games still in my "waiting for turn" list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:52 am 
Sea Wolf

In MA, timed out games won't result in a victory until your opponent views them. This behaviour is changing in the next patch we are told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:12 am 
Veteran

Ah, now it makes sense.

But why do we have to wait for a patch? Isn't this the server's task?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:48 am 
Sea Wolf

That is a good question. Perhaps they intend to implement the behaviour at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:27 pm 
So does the whole turn timed out thing mean anything?
I had 1 game that timed out - the limit was 14 days and on my screen it said the time was up, 1 day later I recieved his turn. Wtf.

I have been turning away challenges if I had to go out of town thinking they might time out before I got back.

Or is this just a feature to be implemented in the new M.A.N. game. (just look at what you can get if you buy the game twice - all the features that should have worked in the first place)
I heard that something about this was supposed to be fixed in the next patch which is supposed to come out before this weekend(does'nt look like it).
Is this the support that M.A. users have to look forward to with the release of M.A.N.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:34 pm 
Veteran

No, it's not as bad as you think. They will continue to care for MA and develop and support two games at the same time. MAN is basically a more social version of MA, and you get a discount if you switch from MA to MAN.

Master Vic tells you all about it here: http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=721

It appears the timeout and default win is not completely working yet, but are in the works for the next patch. There are some bugs still unresolved in the turn communications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:54 pm 
I was wrong the game that timed out had a limit of 7 days.
Which means with my luck the patch will probably be released in the next week and I am gone out of town for around 10 days and I will lose b/c I time out. Nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:06 pm 
Veteran

Anonymous wrote:
I was wrong the game that timed out had a limit of 7 days.
Which means with my luck the patch will probably be released in the next week and I am gone out of town for around 10 days and I will lose b/c I time out. Nice.

You started a game with 7 days timeout and travel away for 10 days. You will lose the game due to timeout. Those are the rules.

What has this to do with the patch, why is this someone else's fault and why do you care so much about a single game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:27 pm 
I care because the game timed out yesterday for the other guy and today I recieved his turn - so he already lost. Now he will get a win out of it. and I started this game over a month ago and its on turn 17 or 18 so i didnt know i would be out of town when it started.
And I dont like to lose thats why I care. Other people have had the same problem and all anyone says is that a patch is coming - when?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:34 am 
Sea Wolf

That was stupid of you. All you had to do was move, leave a message with your opponent asking that they not take their turn for four days, and then you'd have had the time to move.