Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alternate Mech damage.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:25 am 
Not that there is anything wrong with mechs the way they are but I was looking at the animation and noticed that mechs have 2 lasers are 4 missiles, which made me think; What if they did 4 damage with their missles at range 2 and 2 damage with their lasers at range 1. Would give an advantage to rushing them with tanks but make your artillary more vunerable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:08 pm 
Conscript

I think thats a great ide, would add moore tactic to the already very tactive game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:00 pm 
P.L. Marshal

well...this is not the first such offer...give to units selection of different weapon types..usually devs answer that they would not want to implement such a feature because this will make MA too much complicated.let's see what else they will say now :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:44 pm 
Veteran

This will make LAVs useless somewhat.Because bots will be able to kill them with one shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:08 am 
Not if those LAVs are at point blank range, then the mech could only do 2 damage, and even if it dies it would still block units from passing which is all fodder is good for. :)

But I do see how it could be exploited so that the mech is used in an open area where it can always retreat and fire for the full 4 damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:26 am 
Developer

Hello Auran!

Quote:
Not that there is anything wrong with mechs the way they are but I was looking at the animation and noticed that mechs have 2 lasers are 4 missiles, which made me think; What if they did 4 damage with their missiles at range 2 and 2 damage with their lasers at range 1.

Well, let's consider Mechs to be long-ranged weapon as both lasers and rockets may shoot in 2 hexes. Concerning animation, you may suggest that 4 missiles are effective enough to inflict 2 points of damage while two lasers add 1 extra point.

Giving Mechs 4 point of ranged damage over two hexes would make it a Super-unit that can kill not only LAVs. The combination of 1 land transport and 2 Mechs would destroy any Battleship docking close to the coastline.

Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:25 pm 
Sea Wolf

mechs have good damage and hitpoints alrready making them more powerful in any sense seems rather stupid. (of course a moble 7 hitpoint artillery would be nice (only if it's for me, of course! ).