Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MA definitely needs more planet MAPS!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:01 pm 
P.L. Marshal

The longer i play - i became more and more bored by the maps we currently have. Definitely having only seven maps in MA is not enough to provide replayability needed for online gaming.Devs usually say that random secret ally placements provide endless replayability...well partially that's true but when you had more that 100 games completed (like me) you feel like you seen just every kind of starting layout on each planet.

Small maps are good for beginner players but for me they are not interesting
anymore- they lack resources in general,there are little or no naval warfare and on small map too much depends on secret ally placement (btw small maps are only places where i agree with people who say that Phantome League have significant advantages)

I myself favor large maps but they only can be played with experinced players (i say majors at least because with beginners such games going to be long but meaningless)
Wasserland seems to be hated by everyone excempt me.(and maybe Tiger but ouch i can not play on wasserland with him only)

So i found that medium maps are best (can be played with any level of players and
still provide enough resource to be challenging for generals.
But there are only two maps - Noble Rust and Anubis and these are where i play most often and i like them but now they bored me immencely- i feel like i can play there with closed eyes.More maps are needed and especially medium maps.
(raving finished)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:05 pm 
Veteran

While it pains me to no end I am forced to agree. Medium maps provide a great deal of variety in strategy without being a marathon. I think these are the ideal size maps for tournaments/leagues. Please add some more medium maps to MA soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:39 pm 
Tough Nut

I was thinking the same thing last night. While I enjoy the maps, the small ones repeat tactics now that I've played them so many times. I like the large maps, but unless you are evenly matched, such a long game is pointless.

The medium maps are good, but we need more! :) I'd prefer a land only medium and another water medium.

Boomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:46 pm 
Developer

I understand you but do not worry about maps. You have not seen new ones but you won't be disappointed. We will give you more maps! Be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:14 pm 
Veteran

artmax wrote:
I understand you but do not worry about maps. You have not seen new ones but you won't be disappointed. We will give you more maps! Be patient.

How patient? How long?

Brashen