Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Salutations
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:42 pm 
Conscript

Just thought i pop in and say hi :)

I read about this game 3 weeks or so ago, on Norway's largest gaming site / community. After reading the review i knew i had to get this game.

So, after spending 3 weeks looking for the game in various shops, i gave up...noone had it. Visited this site, and much to my pleasure there was a demo.

Downloaded the demo and what can i say. It totally blew me away. This is no more than 6 hours ago. The gameplay is just fantastic. So easy to get into, and yet so darn hard :) I really want to give kudos to the dev's for this one. Have tried the world domination thingy 3 times now...and alltough I'm improving slowly I still get my butt handed to me, hehe.

Did i mention it so relaxing not to have to worry bout all these darn resources that seems to flood games these days? Not to mention that i can have a sip of coffee without panicking ;). And no matter how relaxing it is and how long it takes me to think out my next move...i still loose :P

Well, the game is ordered. See you online soon. Meanwhile, back to the demo - i have some buttkickin' coming for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:24 pm 
Sea Wolf

glad to hear u like it, once u get the game and start playing online give me a shout if u want some tips, i'm not great but know most of the basics :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:27 am 
Developer

Thanks for your kind words, Stianjo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:11 am 
Tough Nut

stianjo,

If you'd care for some advice that will serve you well - buy transports. Those 2 words are pretty much the best advice I can give you for fighting the AI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:40 am 
Conscript

Quote:
By Enforcer: glad to hear u like it, once u get the game and start playing online give me a shout if u want some tips, i'm not great but know most of the basics

I'll give you the honor to whoop me first :P. But it will probably be a while after i get the game...I usually enjoy learning some basics and having fun in singleplayer first - after that it will be 'whoop stianjo time' :)

Quote:
By Vic: Thanks for your kind words, Stianjo!

You truly deserve it. I have never spend so much time on a demo before.
Progress is slow, but it gets there. Only hard challenge left on demo - tried it once so far and failed, allthough it wasnt a complete rollover ;) I promise i will be successfull before the full game arrives, hehe

Quote:
By Khanivore: If you'd care for some advice that will serve you well - buy transports. Those 2 words are pretty much the best advice I can give you for fighting the AI.

Yes, I learned this the hard way, hehe. I had big problems in the beginning, even on easy due to my n00bness. I guess it was all common mistakes...like missjudging enemy reach, didnt know about bombers, attacking / not attacking vs timing.

Well, about the difficulty levels. What is really the difference? Is it only that the AI gets more troopers to deploy - ie. more dollars? Or is it even more clever?

Well, back to the game - i have some business to attend to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:49 am 
P.L. Marshal

2 Stanjo
you are mistaken - AI does NOT get more money for troop deployment - size of secret army and income are fixed and not depend on difficulty level.Actually there is onle one meaningful difficulty level - it is called "hard" - actually it is basic AI gameplay for MA release.Two " easier" AI level were added by devs in patch due to growing request of n00bs who could not beat the basic AI.
difference between AI levels is described in patch message - but from mine point of view AI acts stupid regardless of level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

couple of useful hotkeys, left ctrl key will give u a kind of grid. and left shift will highlight any enemy units that can fire at the space your mouse is over on ur opponents next turn. Note this doesn't show u how far something could fire if it gets into a nearby transport and then gets out again a few spaces away.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:20 pm 
Conscript

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I just beat the AI on hard - it's pretty much just to get into the AI way of thinking (or lack off). Nah, seriously - it might have been luck. Anyway, i'm ready for the full game now. Hopefully it will arrive before the weekend.

Guess I'll see how tough I really am then - lol.