Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best disclosure/deployment strategies?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:48 pm 
Veteran

I was wondering, from the more experienced players here, what type of disclosure deployments are most useful, for each size of country.

I mean, I always saw AI throw up 4 LCVs and 2 mortars for small countries, but that just doesn't seem to work so well against other opponents.

And I'm sure it differs with the maps, too.

But, generally speaking, what is everyone's favorite/most useful deployment strategy?

For light countries I tend now to go with 4 LCVs and a Heavy Bot

Mediums 4 LCVs and 2 Heavy Bots.

Large countries I either go all tanks and bots, or mix in some Transports as well, maybe a missile platform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:03 pm 
P.L. Marshal

listen Icarus....dont want to offend you but the question is a bit....meaningless...the deployment is defined by a geografic location and strategic planning.sometimes what you offer may be okay for surface war sometimes it is nessesary to purchase naval units or put all army into transports and move somewhere....so there is no point to discuss the abstract deployment "empty space".Looking at map different deployment can be chosen each time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

There are a couple of general strategies I use. Which strategy I use depends on geographic positioning as well of course, but they apply in many different situations.

The 4 LAVs 2 Mortars is actually not a bad setup. LAVs and Mortars are some of the most cost effective units, LAVs because of their price and Mortars because of their range and damage. They are good when you know the fight will be prolonged. If you have the economic edge, you'll eventually break through but it may be a slow process, and when you do break through you'll only move into the territory slowly. LAVs and mortars are also generally better when moving through forests or deserts.

Tanks and bots with transport support are a lot better when you need to take a country quickly and don't expect a battle line to form.

Its also always a consideration on land/sea maps to buy naval support. Battleships are the most dangerous single unit, and can provide great support to battles along coasts.

But as Mrakobes says, everything should be determined by your current situation, so theres no proven formula, just frequently used strategies.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:40 pm 
Sea Wolf

like they said alot depends on where your SA's are but I've noticed alot of people espically if they are green disclose their large country just to remove the risk of it getting ivnaded, and alot of people when playign either colour try and cover as many potentially hostile borders with lavs until they find out where enemies are. Red has the advantage of being able to maouver 1st so can get away with transports and tank/bots for invading, but once the enemy does break into one of ur sa's it's very ahrd to get him out again so covering borders is alqways a good thing in my book.

As for sea fights ask someone whoc an win them :) i'm still trying to find some tactics for them.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/