Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Questions and a comment/request from a newbie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:45 pm 
Levy

I ran across the original MA the other day and I love the gameplay. I was right on the edge of buying, but then I found out that the sequel existed. Visited the website and saw that there is also a beta of something called MAN2. After some research, I have some questions:

1. Are the stability issues resolved in Domination? I would love to play this game, and I am willing to put up with a certain amount of work to get things stable, but I don't want a game that is constantly crashing.

2. I have a DVD/CD combo drive in my computer. As I understand it, the starforce copy protection scheme on this game may damage my dvd drive. As I am not willing to risk my drive to play this game. What is the status of the starforce issuse, its use with this game, and its further use with this series?

3. Do you have to purchase Domination to play MAN2? Does MAN2 have a single player mode? Does MAN2 also use the starforce copy protection?

Thanks for help in these questions. Really, the only thing truly holding me back from trying this all out is the starforce. I was willing to buy the game and deal with stability issues (if i knew about them ahead of time), but I pretty much have decided that the starforce problem is too much of a risk to hardware in my machine. I hope that maybe this problem will get resolved (and maybe it already has been).

Thanks again...

-wirewood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:57 pm 
Sea Wolf

You do not need Domination for MAN2. MAN2 does have single player but it is nothing like Domination. MAN2 has single game mode only, no campaigns & careers. If you are really looking for single player you should go with Domination. Starforce was something put into Dom by the publishers not Wargaming.net. There are no publishers for MAN2 and no CD, so you don't have to worry about Starforce with MAN2.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:07 pm 
Levy

So, is there a way to buy Domination online (via direct download) and avoid starforce? I am really interested in trying this game, but starforce scares the snot outta me...

-h3dge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:41 pm 
Supreme Marshal

wirewood wrote:
So, is there a way to buy Domination online (via direct download) and avoid starforce? I am really interested in trying this game, but starforce scares the snot outta me...

-h3dge

No, Domination is available only on CD. I have DVD/CD combo drive in my computer and play many games with starforce without problem, except I need put CD every time to run the game.