Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ROAD TO THE LEAGUE OF MAN2 2020
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:11 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

We just finished League 2019 and we must start preparing 2020 edition.

For now, we have the "theoretical" list of players for each current Division. In attached image you can see the current Divisions and the award associated to 2020 edition.

Possibly, some of the players of these Divisions will not play for different reasons and other listed players will take their place based on the position achieved in 2019. For example, if some of the 8 players of Honor Division don't join the 2020 edition, vetere will be upgraded to that Division (he was 3rd in First Division in 2019 and players degraded can't stay in same Division)

The order in the list of each Division is the 2019 final position with the inclusion of new players which replace to the previous ones that were upgraded or degraded. So, Canya and Os were 1st and 2nd place in First Division and now they are in 7th and 8th place in Honor Division....tese1969 and COBA are in 1st and 2nd place of First Division now after be degraded from Honor Division....and the procedure is identical in the last 4 places of First Division and 4 first places of Second Division.

I want remind everyone that players must join the tournament when open to registration. The presence in that list don't give anyone the register!

Russian: Khochu napomnit' vsem, chto igroki dolzhny prisoyedinit'sya k turniru, kogda otkryty dlya registratsii. Prisutstviye v etom spiske nikomu ne dayet registrirovat'sya! (google's translator) Please, if translation is not OK tell me for change it!

If a player don't join the tournament, he will lost the acquired rights for play in some of the highers Divisions. Obviously, if player is currently associated to the lower Division he could play again in that Division if a new Division is not created lately.

League is a tournament open to all the players. If you have not played 2019 edition you can play in 2020 joining the tournament when published on MAN2 website. As new player you will be associated to the lower Division (2nd Division currently). If the number of new players was high we could think in the creation of 2 groups in 2nd Division or even the creation of a new Division.

The inclusion of new players will be always in the lower Division and it will have no exceptions based on the level or glicko-score of the player.

We must still think in the maps used for 2020 edition but if you are currently in First or Second Division maybe you could start to practice in "Trinity" :wink:

The use of a Large Map for that Divisions could balance the random pairing for only 1 game by opponent.

For Honor Division, I need to know the opinion of the players involved, but it will surely be a medium map (they play 2 sides by opponent).

Well, I think we will open League 2020 to registration around early November.

I hope see you there!

Attachments:
Theorical Divisions for League 2020 before join.png
Theorical Divisions for League 2020 before join.png [ 247.01 KiB | Viewed 17104 times ]

Post subject: Re: ROAD TO THE LEAGUE OF MAN2 2020
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:25 am 
Sea Wolf

tese1969,

Thank you for organizing the tournament!

I offer a map of Eden.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 am 
Sea Wolf

tese1969,

Is it possible to limit the number of simultaneously played games?
For example, the number of no more than 4 games.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm 
Sea Wolf

Dear ruma,

Thank you for play in the League!

Remember that only 1st pack in Honor Division is 6 games started at once....2nd and 3rd pack is only 4 games at once....

In Join & Play format we have no problem for limit the number of games to 4....but League's format needs the distribution of games in 3 different "starts" (packs) for manage it...

I count your vote for Eden :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:31 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

Player "SergSV" asked me for stay in Second Division and don't be upgraded to First Division.

I don't understand but I must accept it. Therefore the player that will be upgraded will be "Robirobs", the first player below the "upgrading" zone.

Congrats to both of players!! :wink: