Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HOW TO: Beat the Scenarios
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:54 am 
Sea Wolf

Attached is an example of how to win every scenario (bar Triple Repulse which is broken under the latest patch, once this is fixed I'll update).

Every one of these are my *first* win on a scenario, the first way I figured out how to beat it. This means that they're likely not the best way, nor the cleanest, nor the highest in terms of points, but nor are they carefully honed to make me look great while I beat the scenario in a way you were never going to figure out without fifty attempts and a few wins under the belt.

Under the latest MA patch (204) I have endless problems viewing some of these replays. I believe this is a problem with the patch affecting the scenario, rather than the replays themselves. If you have issues watching them under 191, let me know and I'll just have to re-record them all when the next patch comes out.

Losing to the AI? HOWTO: Beat the AI

Losing online? Quitch's Replays thread

Attachments:
Scenarios.zip [126.58 KiB]
Downloaded 4421 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:30 am 
Tough Nut

Desperate Defence solution is really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:50 am 
Sea Wolf

I think I found that one of the hardest to beat (and I don't know how else you'd beat it frankly). By the time I got to the last scenario I had enough experience with them to spot the solution without great difficulty. I'd love to post my solution to it, but until we get a new patch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:43 am 
Sea Wolf

Finally got around to reinstalling Massive Assault and only patching it as far as 1.1.191.

Here is how to beat Triple Repulse on Hard. I figured this out after a couple of false starts, but its taken me this long to reinstall everything with the patch that DOESN'T break scenarios. If you've patched any later than 1.1.191 then you'll probably find this replay breaks a few turns in.

Attachments:
Triple Repulse.rep [75.23 KiB]
Downloaded 1994 times