Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

Khanivore wrote:
A double amphib/transport runs you $6, has an effective range of 9, and a throw weight of 4. To contrast, a Battleship costs $5 has a effective range of 8, and only throws 3.

Quick correction... It would cost 8$. 2$ for the transport and 3$ each for the amphibians. Of course, naval transports do tend to stick around, so maybe they shouldn't figure into it.

I agree, the amphibians are a powerful unit, but the problem is that they are very easy to kill. So unless you can isolate single enemy battleships, etc, they are a very expensive unit that dies in droves. Because they have to get up close and personal to take out the enemy, they are very subject to return fire.

Nothing like taking out a fully loaded aircraft carrier though... and a tranport/amphib combo is one of the only things that has a chance to.

I think that if anything should be reduced, it should be the range of a naval transport. Not only are they the fastest unit in the game, but each move costs only one point, unlike for a land transport. I suppose they are so quick to keep the game moving, but sometimes I wonder if that is very fair. They make it easy to move large forces across big oceans, and even to flank along a coast.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:04 pm 
Using aphibians on land are very deadly also. They're like fast naval tanks that helped me out somewhat of the demo world war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:07 pm 
Chaosbuilder wrote:
demo world war.

this is one of the maps that Maelstorm talked about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:12 am 
Developer

You need fast tanks?

try to use 2 tanks + transport combo - it costs the same, have greater range, more hp and a transport can pickup another 2 tanks after delivering the first couple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:39 am 
Tough Nut

This is from a newbie, please disregard ;)

When in water, consider this:

You have a naval transport full of 3 tanks + 1 land transport. Enemy approaches from 2 sides, transport has no escape, all die: 10 points loss.

You have a naval transport full with 3 Amphibians + 1 land transport. Same situation, but you unload the amphibias on water, just in case: You only lose 4 points worth and you may still put the 3 Amphibians sinking something to even things out (6 p damage)...

If the Naval Transport had 4 Amphibians, then you may even be able to use those 8 points of damage to sink a strong menacing unit or 2 Choppers (6 p. damage to enemy and strong mobility loss) and only lose 2 p of the transport.

Just my 2 cents.