Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LEAGUE OF MAN2 (PREVIEW)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:50 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

The moment is coming and very soon will be reality the "League of MAN2 2019" tournament.

We will publish the tournament in website for inscription around November, 15.

In this preview we would like to explain the main features of this new format of tournament.

1.- It will be a different "Divisions" tournament. Each Division will be the group where the players will be included for play an "All vs. All" format.

2.- We will have 3 different Divisions in this first edition of League: Honor Division, First Division and Second Division.

3.- Honor Division will have 8 players and First and Second will have 14 players.

4.- In this first edition will be the glicko score at the end of inscription period the used variant for include the players in the different Divisions. In the next editions glicko-score will not have any role for this inclusion.

5.- In First and Second Division (14 players) will be 13 games playing only 1 side by opponent (red or green). In Honor Division (8 players) will be 14 games playing both of sides by opponent (red and green).

6.- Each player will have associated an icon with its Division before the League starts. These icons work visually like the awards in tournaments section of website.

The wonderful icons we will use (you can see in attached image) were designed by player "zxcvcxz". I hope you like them as much as me. :D

7.- Before the start of games all the Divisions will be ordered randomly for assign a number by player. This order will be crucial for to know the pairing of the different rounds. In First and Second Division it will give the side too.

8.- Games will be divided in 3 different packs for avoid a high number of games at once:
    1st pack: January 2019
    2nd pack: March 2019
    3rd pack: May 2019

In attached image you can see the tables of pairing by pack.

9.- After the League's games are finished will be the moment for "upgrade" or "degrade" players between Divisions:
    The 2 lower scored players in Honor Division will be degraded to First Division.
    First Division will have double movements:
      2 higher scored players will be upgraded to Honor Division.
      4 lower scored players will be degraded to Second Division.
    The first 4 players in Second Division will be upgraded to First Division.

10.- This new "acquired" rights will be used for the inclusion of different players in Divisions for following editions.

11.- Map of this first edition will be Anubis and settings used in games will be the usual for tournaments:
      -Density medium of allies
      -10 turns of revenue
      -Infinite in-game time limit
      -10 days of chess-clock and 23 frozen hours

I hope this new tournament will be well received by the whole community. Really all the players could take part in it because Divisions give the chance of play similar level's opponents and each one of us can set our own goals (win the League, be upgraded, don't be degraded, be in the top 5 of Division, etc...) :wink:

And remember, the most important thing is enjoy our wonderful game!

See you there!

Attachments:
Divisions_icons.png
Divisions_icons.png [ 156.02 KiB | Viewed 38542 times ]
Pairing tables for League.png
Pairing tables for League.png [ 36.62 KiB | Viewed 38542 times ]

Post subject: Re: LEAGUE OF MAN2 (PREVIEW)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:22 pm 
Conscript

Anubis is not a good map for this tournament , trinity is better

I think that if we change the map more players will sign up.

Players give your opinion on this topic.

Moderators should seek the advice of players before imposing a map that suits them!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

We have reached the limit of 36 players joined in League and we can start to publish some info.

In the attached images you can see:

1.- The ordered list of players on basis to the glicko-points in the moment when registration was closed. Remember that one of the tie-break rules (the last published) use this order and not the possible glicko at the end of the League.

2.- The 3 different Divisions with the players included in each one. This first edition use the order in the list of glicko-points for include the players like it was published in rules. Therefore the inclusion is really easy :D .

The order of each player inside each Division is still not the place definitive. Remember we told about use "random" order inside each Division for know the side (in First and Second Division) and rounds of pairing.

The random order will be published around December, 15 in this same topic. With that info all the players will know who will be the opponent in each round and the side (red or green) when it works.

We will publish again the table with pairing and games by packs in that following post.

I wish you a great experience with this new format of tournament! :wink:

Attachments:
Starting_list_ordered by glicko.png
Starting_list_ordered by glicko.png [ 115.21 KiB | Viewed 37056 times ]
Divisions_2019.png
Divisions_2019.png [ 122.2 KiB | Viewed 37056 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:33 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, again!

In attached images you can see the random order inside each Division that will be used for create the pairing games for the different Divisions. This order is crucial for know the side of each player (red or green) in First and Second Division.

On basis to previously published pairing structure's tables you can see too the different pairing by round in all the Divisions. In First and Second Division the first player of pair plays red side.

In grey color you can see the rounds of the 1st pack of games.

This 1st pack will start on January, 7.

I hope this tables are easy to understand for all the players.

Attachments:
Divisions random order.png
Divisions random order.png [ 122.08 KiB | Viewed 36786 times ]
First and Second Division pairing.png
First and Second Division pairing.png [ 83.32 KiB | Viewed 36786 times ]
Honor Division pairing.png
Honor Division pairing.png [ 27.51 KiB | Viewed 36786 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:03 pm 
Tough Nut

hi all.

Is it possible that i could sign up to this tournament?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

Only a small explanation about how tournaments work for "new" players in this kind of battles:

1.- All the games of the "League" will be created by the moderators. The players don't need send challenges to the opponents in the pairing published tables. When the games are started they will appears in "Games" section (red side) or "Sent & Finished" (green side).

2.- "Frozen hours": Each player starts the games with 10 days and 23 hours in his side for finish the game. This time only start to decrease after 23 hours from opponent's turn. That 23 hours are "frozen" after each turn of the opponent. For example, if you make your turn after 1 day and 6 hours from opponent's turn your time will decrease only 7 hours. If you play daily your time never decrease :wink:

3.- Follow the tournament progress: Like I have published in a previous topic (http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=28012) is really easy to follow the progress of any tournament. Clicking in "Players" section of the tournament (League in this case) in "Tournaments" section you will see the list of players of each group (in this case, Division) in a new window. Clicking again in the name of the Group (Division) you will see the table with the pairing and the games (active, finished, etc...)

I have thinked that this explanation could help to not usual tournament's players to understand how is working.

Of course, I wish all the players a great tournament and please, have fun!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm 
Veteran

Hi everyone!

From tomorrow I am for three weeks on holiday and I can't play.
I still want to stay in the league, will continue play when I'm back.

Greetings,
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

In attached images you can see the pairing games of the 2nd pack of the "LEAGUE OF MAN2 2019" tournament.

Games of 2nd pack are colored in gray

This 2nd pack will starts on Friday, March 1.

We have very interesting matches in this 2nd pack where the first places of each Division could be decided!. Unfortunately the last places too.

Good luck for all and enjoy the game!

Attachments:
Honor Division 2nd pack.png
Honor Division 2nd pack.png [ 27.62 KiB | Viewed 35880 times ]
First and Second Division 2nd pack.png
First and Second Division 2nd pack.png [ 84.21 KiB | Viewed 35880 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:41 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

In attached images you can see the pairing games of the 3rd and last pack of the "LEAGUE OF MAN2 2019" tournament.

Games of 3rd pack are colored in gray

This pack will starts on Friday, May 3 .

I would like to comment briefly the situation in the 3 Divisions:

1.- Honor Division

We have 3 players fighting for final victory in this Division, Prapor, happygrue and Andrei_KASH. Prapor has in this moment a little advantage and we don't know if it can be enough. happygrue and KASH must battle among themselves and that is a double file weapon. Really a very interesting end for this first edition of League. :)

For avoid be degraded to First Division we have in critical situation to COBA (0 points) but he has not played really any game....all his defeats were "time-out" and we don't know if he could play this last pack. 1_ruma and tese1969 are in hard situation too but still they have chances for stay in Honor Division if ALEKSANDR or Lord Johnny have problems in this last matches.

2.- First Division

The victory in this Division will be possibly for one of these players: Os, Canya, vetere and OBM. The best "theorical" pack will be for vetere but he is 1 victory below Os and Canya. Canya is the player with more hard opponents in this pack (Os and OBM) but he has in his hand, like Os, the Final victory and be upgraded to Honor Division. OBM could take advantage if Os or Canya fail.

In the last places of this Division we have in hard situation to IronD, maxstar, picollos and Botanik. This last player is only 1 victory below nlonlo5 and zxcvcxz and maybe this 3 players will fight for avoid the last place for be degraded to Second Division.

3.- Second Division

Karbok(R) is the great candidate to win this Division. He has all victories and the last pack only has a theorical hard battle vs. SergSV, in the 2nd place in this moment and too serious candidate to be upgraded. The last 2 places for be upgraded to First Division could be a great figth among angel5, RobiRobs, Elzarius, Inse, Nimzoblanca, molassesmel and Banderas.

Good luck to all the players for this last pack! :wink:

Attachments:
Honor Division 3rd pack.png
Honor Division 3rd pack.png [ 27.62 KiB | Viewed 34823 times ]
First and Second Division 3rd pack.png
First and Second Division 3rd pack.png [ 83.94 KiB | Viewed 34823 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:36 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

We have the final results of First and Second Division of League 2019.

In this moment we still have 1 active game in Honor Division and we will publish the table of that Division when finished.

In attached images you can see the final position of each player in the table of its Division and some comments around some players that will change the Division (upgraded or degraded) for next edition.

The tables are on website, tournaments section, League of man2 2019, Players.....if you want see it there too.

We will change the icons of the players involved in changes of Division when Honor Division is finished.

I hope this new format was good for the most of players. You can start to practice for next edition :D

Attachments:
First Division Final Table League 2019.png
First Division Final Table League 2019.png [ 221.5 KiB | Viewed 33549 times ]
Second Division Final Table League 2019.png
Second Division Final Table League 2019.png [ 229.73 KiB | Viewed 33549 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am 
Tough Nut

Спасибо Тезе за организацию и титанически не простую проделанную работу!!! Один ты остался, кому на самом деле не безразлично хоть какое то развитие в этой поистине грандиозной игре :) , "старички" уже плюнули давно и заходят в сеть "для галочки" :wink:, а могли бы хоть на форуме поддерживать! Твои турниры только и держат игроков на уровне.
tese1969 like !!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:53 pm 
Sea Wolf

Finally, the last Honor Division game was finished....and we can publish the Final Table of that Division.

The winner of Honor Division was Andrei_KASH. Congrats to a great player!

Congrats too to the rest of players of this Division after fighting for the victory o for avoid be degraded....finally, I can't avoid it :-? and I will be degraded to First Division. COBA will be the other player degraded. I hope he can play the next edition for show us his real level.

After this publication, the icons of Divisions will be changed for those players involved in upgrading or degrading. For the winners of the Divisions will be added too the "victory" icons.

Good luck for the next edition!......starting in January 2020....

Attachments:
Honor Division Final Table League 2019.png
Honor Division Final Table League 2019.png [ 147.11 KiB | Viewed 32783 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:37 am 
Sea Wolf

tese1969,

Thank you for organizing the tournament!