Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:30 am 
Sea Wolf

Download the MA scenario file and edit the scenarios themselves if they are too challenging. Remove a few of their units or add a few of your own. Even if you don't download the editor, you could easily put a semicolon in front of a couple of the enemy unit definitions in the .scn file for that scenario. That will comment that unit out so it won't be placed.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:18 pm 
I was hoping for some Single Player cheats. Last time I check, I bought the game and unless my computer has feelings, it's not going to be hurt by me using them in SP. In MP though, that is a whole different story. MP cheats suck and should be shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:46 am 
Developer

Anonymous wrote:
I was hoping for some Single Player cheats. Last time I check, I bought the game and unless my computer has feelings, it's not going to be hurt by me using them in SP. In MP though, that is a whole different story. MP cheats suck and should be shot.

As I mentioned in another thread, we've just released v.191 Patch with "EASY" level, which is a REAL CHEATER'S STYLE ONE.

In other words after installing v 191 Patch - set EASY Scenario Level and you will be able to beat the A.I. with your left foot while watching TV and drinking beer with your friends occasionally hitting your mouse buttons...

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:31 pm 
I manage to get my ass kicked by the A.I. on easy quite often.

Especially on some of the later missions. The campaigns are quite easy, just very long.

Some single player cheats wouldnt be bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:34 pm 
Veteran

If you get the full version and start playing against humans online, you'll find that the AI on Easy is a real waste of time, and Medium is only mediocre, Hard is a lot tougher, but NOWHERE near what hits you when you play against, saaay, Mrakobes or Tiger... :)

Me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:55 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Anonymous wrote:
I manage to get my ass kicked by the A.I. on easy quite often.
Especially on some of the later missions.

difficulty level of AI in scenarios doest matter much.if the scenario is difficult it is not because the AI (you see AI is stupid anyway) but because they were made to be difficult - usually that means giving AI significant numerrial and positional superiority.
this may look unfair but this is only way to make those scenarios challenging for a relatively experienced player.The AI can not stand against a good player with equal forces so there is a handicap.
However i do not see why you need cheats.If you dont feel like playing hard scenarios play worldwar against AI (thats really easy) or play campaign.
And btw you can always find opponent of equal skill in multiplayer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:28 am 
Always find an opponent of equal skill?

Apparently not...

I'm at 1 win 7 losses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:47 am 
P.L. Marshal

/shrug
if you really feel like your skill is that low you might consider playing only other conscripts and privates and corporals.
but for your info - sometimes you can lose to to a player of same or even lower skill due to bad SA position and some own mistakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:17 pm 
Conscript

Hmm... AI ROCK :P Its good with Easy - Hard, it can test your skills with differnet problems :D

Post subject: The point of cheating in SP?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:09 pm 
What is the point of cheating in Single Player?

Think about this:
1. If you outwitted the AI and won, you'll get the Victory Screen. (Yay! You played well!)
2. If you didn't outwit the AI and lost, you'll get the Defeat Screen. (Oh no! You played bad!)
3. If you didn't outwit the AI but cheated, you'll get the Victory Screen. (Yay? You still played bad!)

The only thing a cheat will change is the message at the end of the game (not counting the Solitaire-style-action-packed endgame as your 50 new mechs blast the enemy army to pieces).

It seems that some people like to see an undeserved Victory Screen because then they may pretend they played well after all. Why should the Developers feel obliged to give these people their "Plastic Medals"?

Please: Use your time to ask other players for hints instead. The AI's really easy when you get a bit experience.

If you get stuck, post here a replay of your game, and I'm sure someone will be glad to point out your mistakes.

(As for "Trainers", a fake victory will not improve your play style.)

Remember: The "Defeat" screen will not hurt you. (I've lost 11 straight games online now, so I know what I'm talking about.) Taking your defeats like a <insert gender here> will be good practice for your self-esteem. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:16 am 
Sea Wolf

Because cheats can be fun, for example, God mode in an FPS isn't about getting through the game with ease, it's about allowing you to explore in peace, in trying to gather the monsters up so you can try all sorts of stupid weapon combos...

It's about fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:16 am 
Veteran

Yes, but we already have the scenario editor for this.

The arguments I've seen in this thread is that people feel they need help winning the games.

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:28 pm 
P.L. Marshal

those n00bs in chat are so amusing

Attachments:
spam1.JPG
spam1.JPG [ 86.45 KiB | Viewed 41950 times ]

Post subject: Cheats? What?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:30 pm 
i'm new to the game, very good I must say. But yeah, a cheat to play the AI would be nice. But that is only when a cheat would work. I like to finish games I buy, that's why I buy them. So have something to help is always nice. But to cheat in a multiplayer role or steal a key, I'm not down with that. This game is not expensive and so far the trial version is great. Maybe a cheat is not even needed, but unless I got a bad download my "Easy" mode is harder then my hard mode. So I'm game for a AI cheat. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:36 pm 
Sea Wolf

The topic below this one (HOWTO: Beat the AI) contains some replays of the AI getting a beating on Emerald in World War mode. Maybe that will help?

Which version of the trial have you got? The latest demos don't include difficulty settings for World War mode.